In the last two weeks the Fantom ecosystem has seen unprecedented growth. Here’s your overview.
Fantom network completes successful upgrade
The Go-Opera update went live on April 29, further improving the network’s performance and reliability.
- Time-to-finality has been optimized. On average, a transaction takes 1 second to be finalized.
- Improved decentralization: New nodes can join the network more easily as a) P2P synchronization has become 3 times faster, b) new nodes won’t need to process previous events.
- Event emission has also become more efficient, making the network more resilient during suboptimal conditions like slow propagation between nodes
HyperChain Capital invests $15m into Fantom
HyperChain Capital, a leading digital assets management company, has acquired an additional $15 million stake in the Fantom ecosystem through the purchase of FTM. HyperChain has invested $2.5 million into Fantom in 2018 and is running a validator node through its subsidiary Hyperblocks.
Project launches on Fantom
SpiritSwap: A native DEX on Fantom offering trading, farming and staking, with more features planned.
BitGem: NFT farming protocol that lets you stake tokens to mint NFTs.
Fantom gives out grants to support devs #BuildOnOpera
SpiritSwap and SpookySwap received a grant from the Fantom Foundation to continue their work within the Fantom ecosystem. The grant follows SpiritSwap and SpookySwap achieving $165m and $30m in TVL while also being drivers of the tremendous growth in addresses and daily transactions in the last days.
HyperJump also received a grant and will use it for a community giveaway.
Finally, ZooCoin was given a grant for their development of a unified DeFi ecosystem.
Barek Sekandari named COO of Fantom Foundation
In his previous role as Chief Government Relations Officer, Barek played a leading role in securing government contracts in South Asia. Congrats Barek on your promotion to Chief Operating Officer!
Fantom meeting with regional Pakistani government
Fantom in the media
Fantom network stats
With these high-quality project launches and increasing social engagement on Twitter, we saw a tremendous growth in network activity.
Over 77,000 Fantom wallets have been created by users. That is a 70% increase month-over-month.
And users are active: 200,000+ daily transactions, meaning an average of 2,6 daily transactions per wallet.
- Arthur Hayes makes it into our update back-to-back, this time with a piece about the history of financial markets since 2008 and thoughts on their future development.
- Our friends at yearn.finance released their quarterly report for the first 3 months of 2021, with impressive TVL and revenue numbers.
- JPMorgan is preparing to offer an actively managed bitcoin fund.
Simone was interviewed by Fantom supporter Intro to DeFi, talking about the basics of Fantom, real-life use cases, UX, governance and new project launches on Fantom.
With so many projects coming to Fantom, it’s difficult to keep an overview. Here’s a great ecosystem infographic by our community member Alexej.